chapters

Sunday, December 28, 2008

52 in 52

Okay, so i joined a group on Ravelery that starts New yaers day in which Your goal is to read 52 books in 52 weeks. We are to blog about what we read and that way we will know about other books we may want to read ,while reading books we know we want to read. I have a ton of books so this is just the spot I need to be.
Kristen doesn't think I can read 52 books in one year so we have taking the resolution one step further, she wants to read more also,so we have created our own challenge. The best part, a brand new book goes to the winner!


*Some my find this a spoiler for eclipse by Stephine Meyer*



So, In getting into the blogging about what I read habit,I just finished Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. I have really enjoyed the first 2 books and this one wasn't written badly at all. Its just that I am having a hard time seeing what Bella sees in Edward. I must admit I am crazy about Jacob, his character is very well written and warm and funny, in my opinion he over shadows Edward and I find that I keep hoping she sees Jacob for who he is in the end.
I am just starting Breaking Dawn this evening, and although I won't be holding my breath I will still be hoping Jacob wins out in the end. I hope Alice plays a big role in this one also, as I think she is super cute. I have really enjoyed these books and can't wait to read more by this author.

2 comments:

eduka2b said...

LOL I am so the opposite! I just finished Eclipse this afternoon and started on Breaking Dawn. I LOVE Edward! He is just such the protector and in tune to her every need. In fact, Bella made me so mad in Eclipse. I hate to say it, but she, herself, is getting whiney and annoying! I didn't want her to fall in love with Jacob. I really enjoyed the fun "family" relationship they had going. However, I loved this book as much as the other two. But, I HATE her endings. It is like you are on pins and needles the entire way through and totally engrossed in the whole story and then it is like, ok, blah blah blah to end them. So, it scares me that since I have hated the first three endings that I will really hate the final ending! (But, you will like the fact that BD is written from Bella's point of view and from Jacob's point of view.) Too bad what I really wanted was to hear Edward's point of view. Well, I'll get off my soap box now! I stopped reading for the night to get my mind off these books and give myself a break and here I am ranting about it on your blog! HaHa These books have emotionally drained me!

ramalambadingdong said...

I'm so excited that you are my 1st "follower" they really could have called us something better - it makes up sound like sheep. I'm going to be trying to read 50 books this year, maybe more, or less lol! are you on paper back swap?