chapters

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Second Star by Alyssa B.Sheinmil

I waited a couple of days to write this review because this was one of those types of books that I read so quickly that I had to let myself process it.
Would I recommend this book? You betcha! I feel as if anyone could take something away from this book even though the target is mainly teen /young females.
  This is a modernazation of Peter Pan, which I loved as a kid. I watched the Sandy Duncan version so many times I could quote the lines with the characters. I even wanted to be Tiger Lily! So, I wasn't so sure I wanted Wendy to be a modern teen and I sure didn't want my beloved Peter to be a surfer dude. Please note the past tense of that statement, Alyssa Sheinmel made this work! She even worked in the names of the original players right down to Nana, which made me smile and was a great touch. I even found myself interested in the surfing.
The story that brought Pete and Windy back to me was deep without feeling like day time TV meets Disney and really wrapped me up in the story line. Very well done and I will be sure to read more by this author.

No comments: