chapters

Sunday, May 24, 2009

33 of 52

If you are a reader, you more than likely have heard of the Book " The Memory Keepers Daughter". Why, I don't know, this was one of the hardest, saddest books I have ever read. It starts of happy enough with a young, very in love couple expecting their first child. As a snow storm moves through their town the baby comes. It turns out that there are twins. One is a boy the other a girl. The baby girl has Downs syndrome, without thinking it over the dad sends the baby girl away. The books gets very sad at this point and turns into a book about a lot of hurt and emptyness. I don't
understand why this book was such a big book in 2008.
The next book is Coraline by Neil Gaiman.

2 comments:

Karen said...

It puzzles me, too, why "fine literature" is full of hard, sorrowful, depressing novels when humor is much harder to write. Sorrow is universal, whereas humor is unique to each person.

Samsara said...

I haven't read either of those, I really want to read Coraline; it's on my 'to read' list...I went to see the film first because I wanted to enjoy the visuals without thinking about what they'd left out which is normally what I do when I watch films of books! :-)